GOVERNMENT MINISTERS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE TO JOIN CEOS AT CLIMATE WEEK NYC
August 13 2020, New York City – International non-profit the Climate Group has today announced more than 15 new additions to its stellar speaker lineup of global business and government leaders for The Hub Live at Climate Week NYC next month (September 21-27) – the only major climate summit to take place in 2020.
The Hub Live (Tuesday, September 22 – Thursday, September 24)
Now in its third year, the Climate Group will host The Hub Live – a three-day series of forums, discussions and workshops that bring together the expertise and influence of public and private sectors. Details of the events program can be found here and will welcome high-profile speakers:
- H.E. Dr. Amani Abou-Zeid, Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy at the African Union
- Damià Calvet, Minister of Territory and Sustainability of the Government of Catalonia
- Mark Chambers, Director of Sustainability at NYC Mayor's Office
- Paulette Frank, Worldwide Vice President of Environmental Health, Safety, and Sustainability at Johnson & Johnson
- Solveigh Hieronimus, Senior Partner at McKinsey & Company
- Alan Jope, CEO of Unilever
- Isabella Lövin, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Environment and Climate of Sweden
- Mathias Lelievre, CEO at ENGIE Impact
- Susan Mac Cormac, Partner at Morrison & Foerster
- Pedro J. Pizarro, President and Chief Executive Officer at Edison International
- Jason Porter, Senior Vice President and Head of FirstNet at AT&T
- Dave Regnery, President and Chief Operating Officer for Trane Technologies
- Eric Rondolat, CEO at Signify
- Mark Schneider, CEO of Nestlé
- Alok Sharma, COP26 President and UK Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- David Taylor, CEO of Procter & Gamble
- Dany Qian, Global Vice President at Jinko Solar
The Hub Live will be hosted on an interactive digital platform where attendees can meet, collaborate, and debate. The event recordings will also available to watch on-demand so the global community can be part of the biggest Climate Week on Earth.
Mathias Lelievre, CEO at ENGIE Impact – The Hub Live Sponsor, said:
“Climate Week NYC 2020 is a critical moment for the world’s sustainability leaders to convene and determine the collective action that must be taken to deliver on the climate decade. We must persist in our sustainability agendas in spite of the challenges from 2020, and the collaborative sessions from the Hub Live will directly engage those needed conversations.”
Climate Week NYC wider events program (Monday, September 21 – Sunday, September 27)
For the first time ever, Climate Week NYC now includes virtual events from all over the world and invites a global audience to both host and get involved in events. From virtual ocean odysseys and climate ballets to sustainable investment workshops and TED talks, the week will be filled with dynamic conversations among the wider public to inspire climate action.
Helen Clarkson, CEO of the Climate Group, an international non-profit and organizer of Climate Week NYC, said:
“Climate Week NYC will provide a platform for every voice to be heard and our decision to go digital means that people from all over the world can join the conversation and be part of the change that needs to happen. To have this many government and business leaders addressing the climate crisis, at one time and in one place sends a powerful message at a critical moment.”
Further updates on Climate Week NYC speakers and the events program will continue to be announced in the coming weeks.
Notes to Editors
For any media registration enquiries, please contact email@example.com.
For all other media enquiries, including interview requests, please contact:
- North America/US Communications: Ming Liu, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Communications: Katie Rogers, email@example.com
Climate Week NYC 2020 Sponsors
ENGIE Impact, The Hub Live Sponsor; Walmart, Opening Ceremony Sponsor; Unilever, Platinum Sponsor; LONGi Group, Platinum Sponsor; McKinsey & Company, Knowledge Partner; Johnson & Johnson, Gold Sponsor; AstraZeneca, Gold Sponsor; S&P Global, Gold Sponsor; Jinko Solar, Gold Sponsor; AT&T, Silver Sponsor; Morrison & Foerster, Silver Sponsor; Trane Technologies, Silver Sponsor; Signify, Supporter Sponsor; Sungrow, Supporter Sponsor; and We Mean Business, Supporting Partner.