The World Climate Forum 2020 Series will aim to encourage green economic stimulus and a long term resilient and ambitious green agenda for the global economy that prioritizes net-zero commitments and low carbon investments over the next ten years. The digital World Climate Forums in North America, Asia and Europe will serve as critical digital collaboration platforms in responding to the growing climate crisis, on the road to COP26. This will be done by developing a community for stakeholder engagement that promotes best practice networks and relevant solutions to the climate agenda.
World Climate Forum North America will aim to strengthen public and private sector partnerships supporting the implementation of short to long-term action towards a green economic recovery and reaching climate goals It will strategically explore the UN Climate agenda and innovations in climate action, the development of clean energy infrastructure and the North American market contribution to decarbonization. WCF North America’s key themes include:
- Adaptation & Resilience - Prioritising Action Areas for COP26 and 2030 Agenda
- Future Infrastructure for the Energy Transition
- Mobilizing Investments for Climate Action and Green Economic Recovery
- Developing Climate Resilient Cities
- Decarbonising Transportation through Transformative Mobility
- Partnering for Climate-Friendly Post-Pandemic-Recovery