You can watch this event on Climate Group's Facebook Watch page.
Cities around the world are leading in the global movement to divest from fossil fuel companies and invest in the future of our planet. This virtual event will feature a panel of global mayors sharing ideas on the roles of sustainable investment and fossil fuel divestment in the global recovery from the COVID-19 crisis.
The event will also showcase leaders from both local and international climate and business communities to discuss how stakeholders are working together to ensure that today’s investments do not lock-in polluting technologies, and instead support the solutions we need to avert climate breakdown, create good jobs, advance environmental justice, and support livable communities.
Participating mayors include:
- Bill de Blasio, Mayor of New York City
- LaToya Cantrell, Mayor of New Orleans
- Mxolisi Kaunda, Mayor of Durban
- Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London
- William Peduto, Mayor of Pittsburgh
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Elliott Harris, Assistant Secretary-General for Economic Development and Chief Economist, United Nations
- May Boeve, Executive Director, 350.org
- Meera Dasgupta, United States Youth Poet Laureate 2020
- Bhakti Mirchandani, Director of Responsible Investing, Trinity Wall Street and Adjunct Professor, Columbia University
- Shirley Rodrigues, Deputy Mayor for Environment & Energy, London
- Daniel Zarrilli, Chief Climate Policy Advisor, NYC Office of the Mayor
Register to receive further details on how to tune in. A link to the YouTube livestream will be sent in a reminder in advance of the event.