As the global economy faces many significant challenges in the wake of COVID-19, climate change remains the defining issue of our time. To learn more about best practices for a sustainable recovery from the pandemic and explore the role of business and accountancy in addressing the global climate emergency, please join IFAC and ACCA for our second annual Climate Week NYC event.
The event will be comprised of a panel conversation with leading finance experts, as well as a special closing address from Mark Carney, COP 26 Finance Adviser and UN Special Envoy.
Moderated by ACCA’s Head of Sustainability, Jimmy Greer, the panel will focus on the role of finance and accounting professionals in addressing the climate crisis, including:
- Creating long-term value through climate-resilient business strategies during and beyond COVID-19
- How finance teams can support businesses and organizations to address climate risk and the associated challenges; and
- Navigating the evolving global policy and regulatory landscape and enhancing reporting to facilitate the transition to a net-zero economy.
Participants will hear the latest insights from the following confirmed panelists:
- Eu-Lin Fang, Partner, PwC Singapore
- Jane Thostrup Jagd, Senior Finance Lead, Ørsted
- David Wei, Managing Director, Business for Social Responsibility
We hope you will join us. For more information, please do visit our website at any time: https://bit.ly/3miWe4d