A Climate Team is a new cooperative mechanism composed of a small group of countries:
1. A host country, characterized by having significant opportunities to reduce net emissions in the short term, but insufficient resources to accelerate low emissions transformation, and;
2. Partner countries with resources but limited short-term opportunities to meet their mitigation commitments. A Climate Team assists and rewards the host country as it effectively implements climate policies.
During this session we will discuss the possibilities, challenges and risks of developing this initiative.
Host: Kelley Kizzier, EDF
Moderator: Chandra Shekhar, World Bank
- Axel Michaelowa, Perspectives Climate Group
- Diana Movius, Climate Advisers.
- Rodrigo Pizarro, Independent Consultant
- Claudio Seebach, Chilean Association of Power Generators
- Moderators: Aglaja Espelage, Perspectives Climate Group
- Kelley Kizzier, EDF
- Francisco Pinto, Technical Advisor/Climate Teams