As the climate crisis forces a change in how institutional asset owners evaluate climate risk, public and private pension funds must react. Panelists will discuss climate-related financial risk to pensions, and the need for pension boards - as long-term investors - to embrace a clearer understanding of that risk.
- Moderator: Jina Penn-Tracy, Centered Wealth
- Lars Erik Mangset, KLP, Norway
- Dr. Ellen Quigley Univ. of Cambridge Centre for the Study of Existential Risk
- Steven Feit, Center for International Environmental Law
This event is part of a series of Climate Week NYC presentations focused on diverse strategies for addressing climate-related financial risk in investments as the global economy moves toward a more just, and equitable low-carbon future.
- Center for International Environmental Law
- Climate-Safe Pensions Network
- Fossil Free California
- Friends of the Earth
- Reclaim Finance
- Women’s Earth and Climate Action Network (WECAN) International
- 350 Silicon Valley