Each year the Center for Real Estate Studies at New York Law School hosts a series of Breakfast Forums focusing on emerging real estate issues. Our Fall Forum is entitled “Climate Change: Impact and Responses for Real Estate Investors, Owners, and Tenants.” It is scheduled for Tuesday, September 22nd, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The program will be held virtually through Zoom and login details will be sent to all registrants 24 hours in advance of the program.
Moderator: Sonia Kaur Bain '94, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP Distinguished Panelists: -Elijah Hutchinson, Vice President for Waterfronts, NYC Economic Development Corporation -Deborah Moelis AIA, Principal, Handel Architects -Dana Schneider, SVP and Director of Energy and Sustainability, Empire Realty Trust, Inc. -Dan Winters, Head of the Americas, GRESB
We hope to touch on a broad scope of issues, including, among others:
- What is the effect of climate change on real estate investment decisions and on locational choices for owners and tenants?
- What is the role of resiliency and mitigation planning and strategy?
- How might the built environment look different in the coming years?
- How can the law help provide responses and lawyers effectively guide clients?
- What is the role that the public sector should play in this process?