You can watch this event on Climate Group's Facebook Watch page.
Climate Change, Deforestation and Global Pandemics: Addressing Complex Environmental, Health & Social Issues through Systematic Approaches
This event, hosted and moderated by Johnson & Johnson (J&J), will bring together thought leaders from the realms of public health, climate science, and forest conservation to discuss how we can work across disciplines and sectors together at the nexus of these issues and address them systematically. Deforestation and land use change has increased the risk of infectious diseases and pandemics. Now is the time to step back and see how all of these issues - climate, forests and health - are all interconnected and how we may maximize efforts and address all in a coordinated way so we create better health for more people, in more places around the world.
- Dr Ari Bernstein, MD, MPH, Interim Director, The Center for Climate, Health, and the Global Environment at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (Harvard Chan C-CHANGE)
- Kerry Cesareo, Senior Vice President, Forests, World Wildlife Fund
- Philip Dahlin, Global Director, Sustainability, Johnson & Johnson
- Paulette Frank, Worldwide Vice President of Environmental Health, Safety, and Sustainability, Johnson & Johnson
- Madeleine Thomson, Interim Head – Our Planet, Our Health and Senior Science Lead, Climate Change and Health, Wellcome Trust
- Dr. Sally Uren OBE, Chief Executive, Forum for the Future
This event is part of the Hub Live by the Climate Group.