From Ambition to Action: How Companies are Engaging in Nature-based Solutions to Fight the Climate Crisis
South Pole's Climate Week event - "From Ambition to Action" - will gather inspirational leaders from across industries, academia, and the public sector to share stories of how they decided to take action on climate change. To get back on track in meeting global climate goals, we need to examine all available means to transition to a low-carbon society. Nature-based solutions and more sustainable land-use are among those proving their worth in lowering emissions, safeguarding communities, and protecting fragile ecosystems.
In the years since the Paris Agreement, there have been a plethora of initiatives and events focused on the risks and challenges of a warming climate – now it’s time to turn those insights into action. This event will do just that by bringing to the fore a recent set of diverse and powerful impact stories and solutions.
Guest speakers will guide the audience through their journeys, including what happened after they decided to take action, key barriers that were overcome, how to set and achieve tangible goals, and the process of bringing other stakeholders on board. Speakers will range from sustainability leaders at US corporates, to conservation-focused organizations, to a consultant-turned-adventure biker who quit his desk job and went out to document the real impacts of climate change in vulnerable landscapes – including inside the U.S.
- Welcome: Nick Aster, Founder of Triple Pundit, Event MC
- Opening Remarks: Renat Heuberger, CEO and Co-Founder, South Pole, sharing insights on this moment in the climate crisis, why the time to act is now, and the importance of nature-based solutions
- Keynote #1: Florian Reber, Climate Activist and Cyclist, Tales of Change, sharing stories from his journey through the Alps and Rocky Mountains documenting climate impacts.
- Keynote #2: Lucas Joppa, Chief Environmental Officer, Microsoft, who will be speaking on Microsoft’s work on nature-based solutions, including their AI for Earth program.
Panel on Corporate Action
- Nick Aster, Founder of Triple Pundit (Moderator)
- Christina Beckmann, Senior Director Strategy and Impact, Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Sven-Olof Lindblad, President and CEO of Lindblad Expeditions
Closing Remarks: Renat Heuberger, CEO and Co-Founder, South Pole
Cocktails, Hors d’oeuvres & Networking Reception
Spaces are limited. Please register here.
This event is part of the Food, Land and Nature-Based Solutions program of Climate Week NYC.