You can watch this event on Climate Group's Facebook Watch page.
A radical decarbonization of the industrial sector is essential for the Paris Agreement to be successful. This transformation requires supportive policies, innovative public-private platforms and clear market drivers that support industry innovation. This event will focus on heavy industry decarbonization solutions through market, technology, and policy; highlighting collaboration opportunities between industry and government to drive emission reductions while creating growth
Panelists include representatives of the state of North-Rhine Westphalia, lead government in the Under2 Coalition’s Industry Transition Platform; ResponsibleSteel Alliance, the Climate Group’s partners in our SteelZero project; industry representatives.
- Rt Hon The Lord Barker of Battle, Executive Chairman, EN+ Group
- Michèle Brüelhart, Executive Director of the Copper Mark, International Copper Association
- Solveigh Hieronimus, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Matthew Wenban-Smith, Policy & Standards Director, ResponsibleSteel
- Michael Theben, Head of the Department for Climate Policy in the Ministry of Economy, Innovation, Digitalization and Energy of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Dr Christoph Sievering, Head of Energy Strategy and Policy at Covestro Deutschland AG
This event is part of the Hub Live by the Climate Group.