The Climate Group launches the new Climate Week NYC mobile phone app
The Climate Week NYC app is a guide for the program of 350+ events taking place as part of Climate Week NYC. Bringing together the digital events taking place around the world, this free app provides everything you need to know on how to get involved with Climate Week NYC and support climate action.
The app also contains listings for sustainable business throughout New York City. Find and visit sustainable restaurants, stores and other services that are in your area to help support the businesses that are making sustainability a priority.
This year, we are partnering with the American Museum of Natural History, Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia University SIPA, Global Citizen, NYC & Company to deliver a dynamic week. The events program is organized by 10 themes, including Youth, Mobilization and Justice, Industry and the Built Environment, Sustainable Travel and Tourism, Clean Energy Transition and more.
Here are some highlights from our 2020 event program:
- Marketplace of the Future - A new take on the 1939 World’s Fair, showcasing a time in which sustainability is the norm. As a cross between a celebration and market, it is a convergence of climate change organizations, talks, workshops, live jazz, live art, stargazing, zero-waste food and drinks, and as always, climate change camaraderie.
- Learning From Our Past: Understanding Earth’s Climate History and Future - We are partnering with the American Museum of Natural History for the Nature and Science program. Join scientists from the International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) for a panel discussion of different moments in the history of Earth's climate–from the extinction of the dinosaurs to different ice ages–that shed light on the current climatic moment and its potential consequences.
- Accelerating Climate Action Together - Join our session for a conversation between Facebook and their international partners on how we can employ our platform to accelerate climate action. We are partnering with Facebook to engage a more global community through this year's digital events.
- Eat for Climate Week - Once again, we are working with Meatless Monday to fight climate change. Kick-start your Climate Week NYC 2020 by taking action during mealtime - commit to Meatless Monday this week and every week - and encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to join you.
- Food and Climate Change - Columbia University, New York University, and the Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP) have launched a program to improve data on food system emissions, develop better policy responses and educate the public on the food-climate connection. The Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia University SIPA is the US and International Policy program partner for Climate Week NYC.
- Exponential Climate Action Summit - We Don't Have Time brings together the foremost thinkers and doers in climate action to discuss what innovations and policies exist that can bring the required change.
Climate Week NYC is the largest international climate summit taking place this year from September 21-27, 2020. Events are hosted from 20+ different countries including China, India, Ecuador, United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil, Denmark, and more.